Quandary of a Non-Blogging Blogger…

I know this post took a long time coming. Thank god it did come at least. This particular attempt happened to be my 5th or 6th attempt at a post. Truth be told, blogging had become hard for me. I had become picky about topics and also very suspicious of my language. Given the fact that I hardly studied any grammar at school and that I had not read a decent book in a long time, my English, was (still is) perhaps as good as a that of a 5th grader. Added to this was my new obsession with writing sensible posts. Multiply it to the nagging question as to why I blogged at all. Put a few more exponential functions and you can see how lethargic I had become to blogging.
For a few days I even contemplated terminating “arbittalk”.
But there was something about blogging that attracted me and still attracts me and I figured I’ll give it another shot. I scrapped on a myriad range of topics from the psychology of the reserved people to the beauty of the Eigen values and vectors (arbit stuff.. :)). But none of them, when read, felt like a well written post or even an interesting read. Now why do I want to post anything anyway? My posts are hardly earth shattering, ground breaking, revolutionary stuff which the world cannot be deprived of. They are just a few more useless Bytes to the TBs and TBs of 1’s and 0’s stored in the servers that make up the internet. But I have grown attached to my blog. It feels good to see something new gracing this page when I key in the website IP. It is a feeling; I am sure most bloggers experience. And that is the only thing that kept me from just deleting the blog.
So I figured if all I want is something new on arbittalk.blogspot.com, then I will give myself exactly that and this post is the fruit of the all that deliberation. There is virtually nothing sensible about this post. Even less of this is interesting. But hey, I finally managed to cook something up. Maybe articulate prose will follow in time. Maybe my lethargy will drown with this post in this macrocosm called the internet. Let me hope so for my sake and for the sake of “arbittalk”.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is 9% India's Limit?

The Sentinel