Life in the 3rd Sem at NITK

To say a word-‘fast’…
I didn’t even remember when the semester started when I was facing the prospect of writing the end sems with a blank head literally. Let me start from the beginning…

After smashing or getting mashed at the end of the first year, we, the batch of ’06, started the proverbial ‘two most difficult years of an electronics engineer’. The semester started lightly. I thought ‘Is THIS the so called difficult time of a tronics engineer? Piece of cake… ‘
We went through the regular club recruitments, club events, some hiccups (a few bad tests… erm… actually all of them were bad) and then we got to the day when there were two weeks for the end of semester. With the end of the semester comes that nightmare people call the examinations… now it’s a big enough job to study a semester worth of stuff in two weeks for ordinary mortals... No! We were the cream of the milk... the fabled ECE class and the Profs had taken it upon themselves to show us why we were in the ‘two most difficult… blah blah blah ‘. So we were given cartloads of assignments & projects. Now an ordinary and sensible student would probably google it up and submit the project and be done with it… but not me… I decided to do a project that would outshine & shame others to oblivion. And so I got to work trying to so do that marvel of a project. I work for a week and find that I have made enough progress to write the intro and nothing else… to cap it I hadn’t even started studying for the exams. Even then being the eternal optimist that I am, I stick to my project and finally do manage to submit the project only to find that half the class had the same idea in their mind when they did the project… ha how much I would like to be a part of a more sane class…
Then the exams came and that’s a long tale best left for more leisurely times… right now I gotta kick some alien butts…
So to make a long short story, we were screwed and we came out with flying colors…
The Optimist Signing off…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is 9% India's Limit?

The Sentinel

Our Democracy-A Farce (Part 2)