To Do An Intership At Home

How do you work from home? Ok lemme start from the beginning. I got an internship in a very nice company and the company being in another city, they allowed me to work from the place I stay. So far so good…

The trouble, my friends, is that I just cant concentrate at home. ( Can anyone do that?) Well… I can concentrate on games, on tv, on anything that doesn’t involve more than a few brain cells working at a time, but when it comes to something serious, it just is futile. Look at what happens typically. I have my breakfast and decide to start my work.So I start working on MATLAB trying to generate some piece of code. I minimize the window to open some other application that I need on the desktop and lo behold, whats there on the desktop… the flashy icon ‘S.T.A.L.K.E.R – Shadows of Chernobyl ’ ( for the help of the ignorant, it’s a nice game) lying adjacent to the not so flashy icon of the application I planned to open. Now what do you do huh? You can fight your mind once, twice, thrice, but every time… that’s asking for too much. I start the damned game and the next thing I know about the outside world is when my mom calls me for lunch.

Then there is the TV, the friends, the girls hostel at the side ( He he..) and a million other distractions that just ensures that you do no work. To top it you have your mother screaming at you saying- “look at you. Wasting your holidays playing and doing god knows what? Why cant you do your project or at least some thing worthwhile?.. .. “ and on and on and on…

In spite of all this I have mangaed to start the project. Now does that not deserve a big pat in the back?

Comments

  1. Lol ... never knew u played games .... though hav seen u play dota !! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo mr anonymous i do play games.
    and whats more i play it like an addict.
    its just that i dont stay in the hostel.. or else u would have known too..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is 9% India's Limit?

The Sentinel

Our Democracy-A Farce (Part 2)