What inspires people?!

Sometimes weird things inspire people to do weird things. This article for instance ( Leave the vegetarians alone i say) inspired me to write this blog-entry.

(At risk of sounding silly, I would like to apologize ... again, for my prolonged absence from the pen. Not that anyone cares anymore).
I am a voracious reader. From the time I made the last entry till date, I have come across several beautiful pieces of writing. And none of them got my "writer's block" unblocked. But somehow this funny, but ordinary piece of writing got my fingers clacking away at the keyboard.
They say an apple fell on Newton and that inspired him to discover gravity. What if it was crow poop? He would have probably been too engrossed cleaning it, to think about gravity. Archimedes took a dip in a full tub and he went "Eureka, Eureka". What if the water was too hot and scalded him? He would have probably run down the streets screaming "O my %#^*@", and the world would have had to wait for his next bath.
What inspires people? Some how I think the answer to that is what differentiates people from machines. Lateral thinking, learning, neural networks, artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, classification, etc etc etc probably have gone some way in identifying this. But the day we solve this problem is probably when true artificial intelligence will be created. The ability to see something new. To draw inferences. That is AI. GEB is an interesting read on the topic.

Comments

  1. That is all* :]
    [if you are into the damn pedantry]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was perhaps not clear. That is "AI". Artificial Intelligence. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for a test run :
    1] Al
    2] AI

    Whoa! Now, I see. Sorry, I'm short sighted. (only literally okay)
    Thanks for clearing the confusion! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is 9% India's Limit?

The Sentinel